Commercial Analyst – Durban
The Commercial Analyst will be responsible for overseeing the Development of Internal business intelligence reports – including interactive BI reports strategic management reports s with a focus on preparing financial analysis aid to the business.
The role will work closely with the various business owners to analyze financial data and operational processes to design and implement new streamlined process which will enhance efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
- Relevant Diploma/Degree Finance, Statistics, Economics, Business Studies, Information Management
- Min 5-years’ experience as a Commercial Analyst
- Business Intelligence experience with working experience in a similar rile at a similar level.
- Experience of working closely with colleagues to develop and deliver new services
- Experience of producing or commissioning high level
- graphical representations of data in order to communicate analytical information.
- Advanced Excel, Power BI,
- Power BI-Super User
- Excel-Power User
- SQL basic
- Power BI development and Reporting
- Data and Efficiency utilization Analysis
- Data Mining and Interpretations of trends
- Business Analysis and data modelling
- Project Management and road Mapping
- Feasibility Analysis
- To provide strategic analysis services to the business per customer per product per region and even demographic
- To work closely with the business to gain in-depth understanding of the customers and other areas of concern
- To identify business strategy, processes, products, road mapping in the context which the business operates.
- The analysis of financial information to assist the business profitability and growth.
- Compiling of reports for senior team members, stakeholders, and leaders.
- Understanding and documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges.
- Formulating reports and analysis around different areas of the business and highlight areas of improvement and possible synergies to enhance the business.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in information systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices on behalf of the business.
- Conduct risk assessments in order to eliminate risk within the business.
- Provide information and analysis on customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep the business aligned with results.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports with market trends past, present and with competitor overview
- Design new data collection models to better collect information on behalf of the business
- Communicate with Development Team for the extraction and analysis of data.
- Manage the protection of data within the BA Team
- Implement new models from time to time as required by the business.
- Perform data profiling across the business
- Must be able to manage integrated and third-party reports.
Engaging with various business owners to understand their needs and provide commentary on reports.