Group Financial Director
Our client, an export trading business based in Durban, is looking for an experienced and dynamic Group Financial Director to join the team. This position will be responsible for the accounting and financial teams, as well our subsidiary businesses abroad.
Must be a qualified CA who has experience in working in a FMCG logistics / distribution or exporting company, having had experience both locally and internationally. Key requirements of the position would include managing risk and enforcing controls within the export environment.
Key responsibilities include the following:
1. Financial Reporting for all companies (local and international)2. Monitoring cash flows3. Funding and facility Negotiations4. Risk management and implementation of controls and monitoring the same in group companies abroad. This includes guidelines and controls, costing and checklist approval, credit control, forward cover and insurance5. Agreements & Legal matters6. Tax related decisions and estate planning7. Administrative Tasks8. Training
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have 10 years’ experience in a Financial Manager / Financial Director role
- Must be a qualified CA
- Ideally experience in an FMCG, logistics/ distribution or export company
- Experience in dealing with Foreign Currency and controls
- Experience in overseeing the Financial departments for a group of companies based both locally in South Africa and abroad.
- Strong financial acumen
- Good understanding of SA tax laws and ideally Mauritian and Seychelles taxation laws too.
- Excellent Management skills
Personality Traits / Characteristics:
- Ability to make tough decisions
- Quick to understand new concepts
- Able to think outside the box
- Good team player
- Determined and motivated
- Sense of urgency and adherence to deadlines
- Solution Driven
- Creative and Dynamic
Salary will be market related and dependent on experience.