Logistics Manager – East London
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements and records are in agreements with the help of direct reports.
- Keep track of slow moving and obsolete stock
- Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process.
- Interpret trends and analyse and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organisation to aid customer service and cost improvements.
- Ensure with the Health, Safety and Environmental systems are in place and maintained.
- Logistics Post Grad qualification as a minimum, degree preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in logistics/supply chain/transportation function within the manufacturing environment with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures.
- At least 2 years Management experience.
Experience in FMCG environment advantageous.
Salary 50k plus benefits
Consultant – Angela