Senior Software Development Manager
Cape Town ~ Eastern Cape ~ Gauteng ~ KZN
A faith-based NGO is looking for a Senior Software Development Manager to work remotely in SA.
The primary duty of the Senior Software Development Manager is to bring technological solutions to bear on the evaluation and execution of key program strategies.
The position is full-time and in South Africa. All candidates should be willing to travel 4-6 weeks (spread over multiple shorter trips).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Senior Software Development Manager includes leading and overseeing a small team of software developers responsible for developing the following:
- Custom data collection and analysis web application. (under constant improvement and development.)
- Database to house and organize all data
- Operations Dashboard – task management system
This is a management and leadership role, however a significant percent of the time will include coding.
- MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- 8 years working in a technological role
- Full stack developer
- 5 years of managerial experience
- Strategic thinking and strong business acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of assessing complex issues and finding systematic solutions
- Well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills