A new Durban vacancy is available for a Marine and Offshore Surveyor to assess the design / production / in service aspects of engineering assets, using procedures, experience and knowledge appropriate for routine situations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To conduct relevant activities and provide advice for service delivery within own area of experience, adhering to budget constraints and contractual requirements.
- To produce the deliverable within the agreed parameters in a defined format to time, budget and to quality.
- To discuss and present the deliverable with the internal / external client and be able to suggest solutions where appropriate.
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards.
- To pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge and awareness.
- To assess or recommend the time and value of the work to be undertaken for an external client, assisting in identifying the most appropriate fee and cost structure.
- To assist in service delivery improvement by communicating internal / external client feedback as appropriate.
- To give guidance to other employees, as appropriate, and disseminate information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- Ensure that the appropriate authorisations are gained and are kept up to date.
- Undertake routine administration as required in line with current processes and procedures.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation within the relevant field of engineering or physical science or Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship’s officer
- To be able to apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to design, develop, manufacture, construct, commission, operate and maintain engineering products, processes, systems and services.
- To provide technical and commercial management, e.g. project management, process management.
- Working towards or achieving charted or incorporated engineering status.
APPLY TO : email@example.com