Our client is looking for an experienced IT professional, who can support both the internal support team and clients on high level issues.
A good understanding of IT security risks and frameworks associated to the SME businesses would be expected for this role. The ability to own a problem are resolve with good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Candidates should be experienced in investigating and resolving issues in most of the following areas:
- Microsoft Office 365 – Deep understanding of Exchange Online, Teams, Sharepoint & Azure AD.
- Microsoft Azure – Experience administering Servers, Virtual Network Gateway and Storage.
- Key infrastructure platforms and tools: Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange 2013 or above, Microsoft Terminal Services, Microsoft Server 2012/2016/2019 and Office 365.
- Network troubleshooting – DNS, DHCP and OSI model understanding – ability to identify what is on a network and points of failure and collect tangible data using networking tools to identify the problem and formulate a plan of action.
- Virtualisation – Experience with Hyper-V on server environments and exposure to VMWare/VSphere.
- Ability to troubleshoot and fulfil various change requests to firewalls specifically Sonicwall & Draytek
- VPN – ability to troubleshoot, configure and setup. Knowledge of the various types and why they are used
The following areas or expertise are highly desirable for this role:
- Storage Management – Experience with common NAS types, QNAP, Synology, Buffalo.
- Experience working with iSCSI connection, Raid management 0,1,5.
- Print management systems
- Networking & Switching – Physical and Wireless networking including understanding vLANs
- Understanding of WAN setup and IP addressing. Exposure to different internet service technology. Experience with Port redirection/NAT.
- Ability to troubleshoot on Mac OS environments
- Understanding of different backup solutions across cloud and disk
Holiday: 22 Days + Bank Holidays (Extra holiday for longer service)
Salary: Dependent on experience, technology knowledge and qualifications.
Training Allowance: As required.