A data driven professional with programming skills and business acumen required for our client in Durban.
- Extract & analyse historical data and maximise derived value through applying advanced models.
- Using Machine Learning and Optimisation techniques to our data with the ultimate aim of improving our processes
- Design tests to evaluate hypotheses
- Communicate insights, results and analyses to stakeholders
- Promote and facilitate data-driven business decisions
- A degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering
- 2- 4 years’ experience in either a data science, software dev or quantitative analysis role working with some of these skills:
- SQL, Relational DBMS and data modelling
- Numerical packages like R, Python with SciPy, SPSS or SAS
- Software development in backend stacks such as C#, C++ or Java
- Advanced data analysis skills in Excel (e.g. data aggregation, visualisation and pivot tables)
- Applied statistics or machine learning methods e.g. Neural Networks, Decision Trees, Time Series Analyses, Clustering
- Optimisation Techniques e.g. Linear Programming, Genetic Algorithms, Simulated Annealing
- Big Data processing platforms like Hadoop or Spark