Donor Recruiter, Cape Town, R16 000 – R18 000 CTC PER MONTH
Our client is looking for dynamic individuals to join their Western Cape team. The successful candidate will educate, recruit, and raise funds to build and maintain a Registry of potential donors that are ethnically diverse and committed to helping anyone in need of a lifesaving stem cell transplant.
CONTEXT OF THE JOB
- Actively engage the community through awareness, education, recruitment and fundraising to achieve goals.
- Proactively make contact and arrange with corporates, universities, and other service orientated organisations to host donor drives.
- Front line to the general public.
- Flexible work hours, often outside of normal office hours.
- Reporting into Regional Team Leader.
RESPONSIBILITIES DONOR RECRUITMENT, EDUCATION AND SPONSORSHIPS
- Assist Regional Team Leader in implementing an awareness/education strategy that effectively reaches its target market.
- Assist Regional Team Leader to grow existing regional databases of companies, schools, universities, hospitals, sports clubs, service orientated organisations and volunteers.
- Assist Regional Team Leader to proactively contact sponsors, donors, the regional media, volunteers, and all those people and activities related to donor recruitment drives/awareness
- Assist Regional Team Leader to arrange and execute donor recruitment drives aligned with the strategy.
- Assist Regional Team Leader to arrange educational talks at schools, corporates and other relevant institutions
- Assist Regional Team Leader to secure and meet the number of targeted drives
- Actively seek potential patients and volunteers through various outlets including local networking, social media etc.
- Build strong personal regional relationships with regional social workers and blood services, other non-profits and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate and prepare all drive related promotion material including flyers and posters.
- Ensure that all branding is returned to the office in great working order.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Afrikaans – verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet searches required
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- The ability to empathise with people of all ages, especially in life-threatening or grieving circumstances.
- Must be able to travel nationally to attend Donor Recruitment events. There will also be requirement from time-to-time to work weekends and anti-social hours to support DR events.
- Ability to manage and motivate groups of people from different backgrounds and situations; public speaking is required
- Reliable own Vehicle and valid Driving License required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20kgs
Send your CV to email@example.com