TITLE: Occupational Therapist for Sydney Australia
To utilise skills as OT to provide services to clients that cover a range of areas including injury prevention, injury management and rehabilitation, OT Assessment (incl home modification and equipment prescription), and planning and administering OT treatment plans.
Areas of work include Workers Compensation, Aged Care, NDIS, Paediatrics, private clients and employer direct services.
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- AHPRA Registration
- Eligibility for membership of relevant professional association
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to deal with all clients and fellow employees in a pleasant, professional and helpful manner.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Previous experience in an occupational rehabilitation environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of Workers Compensation (relevant to the state employment is located) and Injury Management systems.
- Understanding and knowledge of Work Health and Safety legislation and associated requirements.
- CORE DUTIES
- Provide OT, rehabilitation and WHS services, including case management, assessments, treatment plans and audits that are appropriate to professional skills, qualifications and experience
- Refer to other professionals for services outside specific skills area
- Communicate effectively with clients and customers
- Educate the client, their family, employer and other stakeholders about the plan and goals with the service provided and any responsibilities under NDIS funding scheme.
- Maintain clear records and documentation for services provided.
- Recommend and verify strategies and solutions. Goals should be SMART and equipment and modifications reasonable and necessary.
- Assess all aspects of a client’s status to formulate an appropriate Rehabilitation Plan to achieve a RTW outcome (including functional, vocational and psychological)
- Implement rehabilitation services as outlined in Rehabilitation Plans, in line with relevant guidelines and requirements
- Maintain up to date records and effective communication with all parties as required
- To ensure correct entry of costs for services provided to ensure that invoices correlate with file notes, quotations and/or plan expenditure
- OTHER DUTIES
- Discuss work & organisational problems with management
- Co-operate with performance reviews and implement corrective action resulting from each review
- Participate in relevant continuing education, in order to keep up to date with practices, procedures and legislative changes
- Be available for and engage in training where needs are identified
- Provide training in accordance with qualifications and experience
- Attend meetings where necessary
- Workplace Health Safety
- Follow safe work practices and work instructions to comply with WHS legislation and obligations.
- Report any safety issues.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Seek guidance for all new or modified work procedures.
- Never wilfully place at risk the health or safety of any person in the workplace.
- Never wilfully or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of environment health and safety or welfare.