Production Manager – Durban
We are looking for someone to oversee the manufacturing process within a company and to ensure that production lines run without any problems and minimum downtime. Working together with supervisors and top management, they also need to ensure that a certain quality and standard are adhered to throughout the production process.
• Manage and support SHEQ ( Safety, health, Environment and quality) initiatives and objectives.
• Define, propose, and implement the annual production.
• Cost management of products through meeting timelines and reducing of overtime.
• Analyze/ control production costs and identify/rectify waste measures.
• Manage all activities within the production process, including maintenance and the workforce.
• Oversee (High level) logistics, warehousing and stock of raw materials used in production.
• Manage all teams within your production departments and the connection / communication between the factory and upper management.
• Create and implement organisational/production changes on an operative level.
• Excellent communication, numeracy, and computer literacy skills.
• Good people management skills and management of staff.
• Identifying problems and implement preventative strategies to minimize risk.
• Being able to develop good working relationships and trust with various teams.
• Strong problem-solving skills, analytic ability and be very detail-oriented.
• Working well with many different departments and external suppliers.
• Always keeping the end-user/customer in mind.
• Being results and deadline-driven.