The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong C++ skills and object-oriented programming with 5-10 years’ experience.
- Familiarity with modern C++ standards.
- C++ development in a Windows environment.
- Familiarity with daily Linux usage and configuration (Debian, Ubuntu)
- Knowledge of modern C++ libraries for the network stack for example Boost ASIO, Networking TS, or similar.
- SQL Database experience.
- Image processing experience.
- Strong scientific/maths skills.
- Open-Source libraries.
- Experience with version control (e.g. SVN, GIT, Bitbucket)
- Embarcadero C++ Builder.
- Video streaming and encoding technologies e.g. FFMPEG, RTSP, H.264.
- ONVIF protocol for IP Cameras.
- Experience with interfacing with GIS servers (e.g. GeoServer, ESRI) and querying GIS elements.
- Knowledge of AI and machine learning.
- Cryptography and security protocols
- Secure programming practices.
- Experience with C++ programming in a Linux environment, preferably with the Debian operating system.
- Knowledge of the Linux networking stack (IP, ifconfig, wireguard) and kernel headers.
- Atlassian suite of products for documentation and project management.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously in relative isolation as well as integrating with a small dev team. “Can Do” attitude and ready to hit the ground running.
- Ability to plan, execute, test and document software projects, and write well-structured software that is easy to maintain, extend and pass on to other developers.
- The position requires occasional travel (local and overseas) and interfacing with support and operational teams.