Level 3 Technical Lead
The Level 3 Technical Lead (Active Directory) is a key player in the product team and works closely as both an escalation and advisory point for the Support, Customer Success and Onboarding Teams.
The role understands and own knowledge around “Identity”, Active Directory, SSO and is one of the key knowledge experts in the business.
This role owns our technologies and process improvement.
NB: Relocation to Manila for 6+ months for training and immersion. Option to stay or return to SA.
If based in SA, applicants must be willing to travel regularly to Durban, relocation preferred.
Hours are 8pm to 4am when based in SA.
- 5 + years of experience in a highly technical environment
- Office 365, ADFS, Azure AD, Local AD.
- The ability to administer and support Active Directory, including group policy, DNS and replication
- Power shell scripting knowledge
- MSP experience communicating with external IT contacts
Skills and experience Required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Systems Engineer Role
- A minimum of 2 years in a Managed Service Provider environment
- Microsoft Certifications or equivalent experience
- Proficient in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, RDS
- Office 365 and Azure AD
- RMM Technologies
- Experience using ticketing Systems (e.g. ConnectWise)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and professionally presented
- Customer-centric approach
- Excellent time management
- Competitive remuneration
- Travel to Australia for training and immersion
- Gain International experience working with Australian, North American and Filipino clients and colleagues
- Gain experience in an emerging space (Cyber Security) and become and identity expert.
- Gain experience as a technical lead in a growing field (Cyber Security & SSO)
- Statutory public holidays
- 6 unplanned sick days per year
- 20 days paid annual leave per year (annual leave is available after 6 months)
TECHNICAL SERVICE DELIVERY
- Support the Service Delivery Supervisor in the team’s compliance to Escalation Policy
- Resolve escalated service/onboarding tickets in line with existing service level agreements with clients
- Provide technical advice on escalated support/onboarding tickets
- Support onboarding team with complex technical onboardings.
- Deployment of SAML/OpenID Integrations
- Deployment of IDP/PAM Solutions and Polices
- Deployment of Active Directory Integrations
- Federation/SAML/SSO requests with Office 365 and G-suite
- Coach & Mentor Support & Onboarding Engineers
- Maintain documents involving changes made in different client IT environments
- Helping Clients and 3rd Parties with IDP/Access
- Other Ad-hoc tasks as required
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Act as the primary technical knowledge of the platform
- Control the lifecycle of updates, changes to environments
- Research and Test New Features
- Create Knowledge Base Articles for New Features
- Create Knowledge Base Articles for reoccurring issues
- Update Knowledge Base Articles
- Document and Improve the Identity and Access Management Policies and Processes
- Proactive training to staff members of new features/processes
KNOWLEDGE BASE & TRAINING
- Identify opportunities and improvements
- Identify Risks & Vulnerabilities
- Technical Advisory (SAML, OpenID, ADFS, AD, etc)
- Work with Account Management to Consult to clients
Key Internal Relationships:
- Onboarding Team & Team Leaders
- Service Team & Team Leaders
- Product Specialist
Key External Relationships
- Accounting firm IT Contact (large firms)
- Client-Side outsourced IT providers
- Integrated app partners